Alicorp is a consumer goods company, leader in the Peruvian market with industrial operations in six countries of Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, and Peru. The company exports to more than 23 countries and it is the second largest consumer products company in the Andes. Alicorp manages more than 125 leading brands in the markets of mass consumption, industrial products, and animal nutrition. The company was founded in 1956 and is based in Lima, Peru.
Chazey Partners was engaged to lead the implementation of an end-to-end multifunctional Shared Services for Alicorp to support its operations in Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Argentina and Chile. We started with a comprehensive assessment to determine what activities could potentially be moved to a Shared Services solution and providing a business case that supports the operative model proposed. Chazey Partners then led the implementation of its multifunctional Shared Service center in Lima Peru, providing methodology and experience on similar Shared Services Centers realizations. The new SSC employs more than 200 employees, and the scope of processes includes Finance, Taxes, Human Resources and Customer Service.
In order to achieve this, we have developed the following activities:
- Prepare a Business Case, Operating Model and Implementation plan for Shared Services
- End-to-End process design based on leading practices
- Optimize the use of SAP by increasing its functionality and implemented several technology enablers to enhance the operation and drive higher productivity
- Elaborate and sign Service Level Agreements and KPIs
- Complete a comprehensive competency analysis including job descriptions, compensation review, and SSC personnel selection
- Define the governance model for Shared Services
- Organizational redesign for Shared Services
- Centralization and transfer of activities to the SSC located in Peru
- Stabilization of the new operations of the SSC