Cooperativa de Productores de Leche Dos Pinos, R.L. produces, processes, and delivers animal feed and dairy products. The company manufactures milk products like pasteurized cream, yogurt, ice cream, butter, cheese, etc. The company also provides financial services; agro-veterinary centers; and public service and education. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Alajuela, Costa Rica.
Chazey Partners was engaged to lead the implementation of an end-to-end multifunctional Shared Services for Dos Pinos to support its operations in Costa Rica, Guatemala, Panama and Nicaragua. We started with a comprehensive assessment to determine what activities could potentially be moved to a Shared Services solution. Once the business case was presented to the Board of Directors, Dos Pinos decided to set up a multifunctional Shared Service center located in San Jose, Costa Rica to support a wide range of services. The new SSC employs more than 200 employees and the scope of processes includes Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Logistics, Sales Administration and Customer service.
After the centralization of certain finance activities and the standardization of its ERP (SAP), the following specific goals were defined by Dos Pinos to peruse the set-up of the multifunctional Shared Services organization:
- Optimize back office cost through the migration of activities to the new Shared Service Center
- Increase productivity to support its growth without additional resources
- Organizational redesign including job descriptions, competency analysis, and compensation analysis
- Process redesign against leading practices
- Implementation of a Customer Interaction Framework to support the relationship with internal customers
- Prepare KPIs and Service Level Agreements to support the operations with internal customers
- Generate a long term plan to create strategic value for the period 2015-2020
>> Watch the case study video on Dos Pinos Shared Services Center – Success factors of the multi-functional Shared Services Center implementation