Grupo Aeromexico SAB de CV is a Mexican holding company primarily engaged in the provision of passenger and cargo air transport services. It offers destinations in Mexico, the United States, Europe, Central and South America, Asia and Canada. It operates a fleet of over 110 aircrafts. The Company is primarily engaged in the passenger transportation segment, comprising regional, domestic and international routes, and package holidays; as well as in cargo transportation segment, handled mainly by its subsidiary Aeromexico Cargo.
After implementing a new technology platform (Oracle) for all its subsidiaries, Aeromexico decided to centralize all its back office operations (Finance, Human Resources and Procurement). Aeromexico engaged Chazey Partners to implement a new Shared Service Center based in Mexico City to support Mexico and its global operations. The new Shared Service Center employs approximately 200 employees supporting all Aeromexico companies (Aeromexico, Aeromexico Connect, AM Capacitacion, AM Servicios and AM Cargo) and its international operations in USA, Brazil, Central America, Europe and South America. In order to achieve this, we have developed the following activities:
- Prepare a Business Case, Operating Model and Implementation plan for Shared Services
- End to End process design based on leading practices
- Optimize the use of Oracle by increasing its functionality and implemented several technology enablers to enhance the operation and drive higher productivity
- Elaborate and sign Service Level Agreements and KPIs
- Complete a comprehensive competency analysis including job descriptions, compensation review, and SSC personnel selection
- Define the governance model for Shared Services (independent legal entity or cost center)
- Organizational redesign for Shared Services
- Design the Chargeback model
The implementation of a shared services center in Grupo Aeromexico represented a great challenge for our business units and employees, as it involved the review of our processes and a complete redefinition of the way we were operating. Doing so with Chazey Partners' support gave us an advantage, because they understood every moment of our project and with their methodology we were guided in the best way, giving clarity of the change in the business to our top management.