Over the past years, although the Shared Services model has shown itself effective in delivering standardized, cost-effective, and consistent support services, evolving management thinking has led to a more pronounced demand for better quality data insights, more globalized support strategy, and integrated, enterprise-wide decision-making that is leading many organizations to target a more sophisticated ‘Global Business Services’ (GBS) model.
DEFINITION OF GLOBAL BUSINESS SERVICES (GBS)
What exactly is Global Business Services?
Global Business Services is a more evolved version of the Shared Services model. It is characterized by an integrated and consistent service portfolio, delivered across the entire enterprise. Usually covering multiple regions/locations, operating units and functions/service lines. With global leadership, a mix of internal and outsourced service provision, core ERP and technology enablement and global process ownership. Often reporting directly into a CXO.
Compared to Shared Services, GBS provides:
- A more integrated model, providing consistent governance, processes, service levels and quality
- Services often beyond simply “transactional and administrative”
- More expertise to deliver higher value “professional and technical” services
- Alignment across global functions, business units, locations
- Capturing and leveraging quality data, reporting and insights
- Greater synergies as more functions and sub-functions are added
- More holistic, “organization-wide” decision-making
- Often a seat at the top table, because operates as a Business Unit in its own right
OUR SERVICE OFFERINGS
Blending more than two decades of experience in projects worldwide, our Global Business Services solution includes:
- Assessment & development of GBS strategy
- Establishment of global governance model
- Development of global process ownership
- Engagement of value-added services
- 2019 State of the Global Shared Services Market Report
- Global Business Services: Transformation Driver and Digital Enabler
- Preparing Your Shared Services for Global Business Services