First Data is a global financial services company headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, serving clients in 118 countries, with services in three segments, Global Business Solutions (GBS), Global Financial Solutions (GFS) and Network and Security Services (NSS).
Chazey Partners assisted First Data to identify a new operating structure for its EMEA operations in Accounting and Finance, and implemented a Finance Shared Services Center in Warsaw.
- Engaged to assess and evaluate First Data’s EMEA Finance function comparing to best practices and providing recommendations for a new operating model and process improvements
- A business case was created on the feasibility of and opportunity for migrating the Finance functions to a shared services center (SSC)
- Performed extensive location analysis across multiple brownfield and greenfield locations
- Led the Design, Build and Deployment of an Accounting Shared Service Center in Warsaw, Poland
- The redesigned structure utilized a mixture of Governance, Business Partnering, Shared Services and Center of Expertise (Professional and Technical) staff