In the four years since Robotic Process Automation (RPA) first emerged in service delivery operations, Intelligent Automation (IA), As we have since come to think of it, continues to make strong advances and is rapidly expanding. However, the truth is: the tool work; what does not always work is the implementation. Many enterprises – if not most – lack a solid plan for implementing Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
To bridge this gap, Chazey Partners and the Shared Services and Outsourcing Network (SSON) have worked together to produce an RPA implementation guide. This guidebook outlines seven distinct aspects of an RPA implementation:
- Process Suitability
- Vendor Assessment & Tool Selection
- Automation Strategy [ Case Study Mastercard]
- Proof of Concept [ Case Study Ecopetrol]
- Implementation Sourcing Model [ Case Study Boston Scientific]
- Center of Excellence [Case Study Ahold Delhaize]
- Automation Roadmap [Case Study Mondelēz]
Various such lists exist, with the orders switched or sub-steps built in. Overall, however, based on input from seasoned practitioners, we believe that the steps outlined here will offer effective guidance to any team tasked with introducing automation into the enterprise, whether as part of the IT or Shared Services operation, within a business unit, or as a new Center of Excellence (CoE).
We’ll take you to the insights that matter!