Over the past few years, as Shared Services management thinking as well as the awareness of the value of data analytics has evolved, there is now a more pronounced demand for better quality data insights; increasingly globalized support strategy; and more holistic, 2enterprise-wide” decision-making that is leading many organizations to aspire to a more sophisticated Global Business Services (GBS) model.
GBS, however, is not easily attainable, as it requires a more consistent mandate at a high level, and strong central governance to manage it.
The article highlights the key messages about the GBS model and some insightful learning tips.
- How does GBS differ from traditional shared services?
- Start with “Business Services” – Then go “Global”
- Advantages of the GBS model
- Multifunction or Single Function?
- What’s driving us towards “Global”?
- A word of “warning”
Download the article of Beyond Traditional “Shared Services”- Global Business Services